"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Friday, January 28, 2011

Challenge Day 5

Blew it.  Not totally, but pretty much.  Workout was lame, only 2 sets and didn't feel challenged at all.  I HATE doing home workouts.  BORING, BORING, BORING.  I was distracted by kids, they hadn't had a nap and Ava kept having a meltdown.  Food?  Started out ok, then got to Pre-K with kids.  Snack was homemade macaroni and cheese.   Uh, yeah, I ate it.  And cleaned kids plates too.  They barely touched it!  Again, food I would KILL to put in my mouth.  They just don't get that they can eat anything.  ANYTHING!  It's so unfair.  Then McDonalds.  Had a grilled snack wrap which is ok, but I kept nibbling fries.  Then for dinner I had tortilla chips which always bloat me and chicken salad, which was ok, but then made "snack" for kids.  That blew it.  I licked the bowl, then the spoon several times, then the pot it cooked in.  It was PB and honey and brown rice cereal treats in a 9x13 pan.  I cut a little piece at first, but I can not look at a pan with a piece sliced out, it has to be even right?  My abdomen is bloated and I feel sick.  No veggies, very little protein, way too many carbs.  About 10 cups of coffee.  A diet Dr. Pepper.  A gallon of water sitting next to me with about 8 oz. drunk from it.  Pathetic.
Stats
Mood: 7, Except the little meltdown I had with the kids at bath time.  I ripped the rubber drain because I was pissed they had been messing with it and it was letting water out.  Now we have no drain stopper.  I will have to drive 30 miles to a proper store...real mature Kris.
Stress: 0, ok, I had that little moment at the tub.  And then there was a little altercation with hubby this am.  Me running late, AGAIN, because my priorities aren't straight.  Hubby pointing it out as I am frantically running around the house.  But I was able to calmly tell him that I do not point out his MANY flaws in the heat of the moment and stormed out.  He later apologized in a text, and of course, what can I do?  I apologize too :)
Energy: 8, I am not tired even now at 8 pm.  I am usually wiped out by 8.
Hunger: You're kidding right?
Sleep: Good sleep, no wake ups.  That may not be the case tonight as I look at a 3/4 gallon of water still needing to be drank :(

No comments:

Post a Comment