"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Little Miss Perfect: Physique

Little Miss Perfect: Physique
Challenge Day 2
Off to a good start. Did upper body last night, legs this am. Yesterday took a turn for the worst with my mood. I didn't get to my workout until 8:30, but I DID IT. Today I resolve for a better day with my mood. The house is turned upside down, YET AGAIN. This is beginning to be the story of my life. Kids grow out of clothes, shoes, toys, like, every 3 months! Then I have to decide what to do with it. All the organizing is really demotivating for me. But I did manage to put weights in a corner of the room that I just finished arranging, again. If my goal is before me, it keeps me from giving up. The reason for not working out at home before? Weights were in a closet. Out of sight, out of mind. So ridiculous what I have to do to trick myself into doing something that is really FOR ME!

Stats:
Mood: So far an 8, but it was 8 yesterday at this time and was about a 2 by noon. So I still have time to wreck it.
Stress: About a 5 but steadily increasing. I have so much to do and the kids are only gone until 2:30. This is a weekly problem. I spend more time worrying about how much time I have and then can't get anything done!
Energy: About a 6, I am sore, but I am getting around
Hunger: 2, I just ate. Give me about 15 minutes...then, even if I am not hungry, I will want to eat.
Sleep: Ava had me up at 5:30 to blow her nose. And then I had to be up at 6:30 to workout. But I got to bed at a reasonable hour, so for now, after about 3 cups of coffee, I am stable.

A word about coffee. Everyday I tell myself I am going to quit for awhile, get myself hydrated. I have to replace the coffee I drink in oz. with water, and then STILL I have half my body weight in oz. to drink. Before, the only water I got was when I brushed my teeth. So the half my body wt. in water is an improvement. But I have yet to give up coffee. I really look forward to it especially in the cold months. So, for now, I am going to stop with the self flagellation about what a loser I am for not giving it up and focus on something else I can beat myself up about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment