"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something Yummy - Kefir?

A word about Kefir.   I can't imagine drinking this plain, yuk, but when put into a shake...YUM!  I made it in an attempt to use it to can fermented vegetables...ok, that didn't sound right, just think "sauerkraut".  Well, THAT was disgusting.  So I had used the better part a $7 gallon of raw milk to make this stuff and now I have a half gallon of this stuff that looks REALLy disgusting in the glass jar.  But wait!  I mistakenly think this is Kefir, but it is really whey.  Oops!  So now I'm really stuck, right?  I shake the jar and it looks like milk with floating curds, but smells ok.  It's supposed to last 6 weeks in the fridge. So what do I do?  Make a shake!  Well, needless to say, it will not go to waste.  It was delicious!  But like I said, I thought it was kefir...I will drink until finished and THEN make some Kefir.  I think it will taste about the same and actually be a bit creamier, and of course, good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment