"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, September 19, 2011

World Changer

This weekend we took the Youth to World Mandate at Antioch Church in Waco, TX at the Ferrell Center. This is our 4th year going and each year has brought different revelation for me.  While I was impacted all weekend, 2 things were a real stand out for me.  A video about the impact of one college student sharing the gospel with his dorm neighbor.  That ONE conversation, over the course of maybe 2 or more decades had GLOBAL impact.  It was a visual of what ONE person, telling ONE person could do.  So many lives changed and impacted for not only the Kingdom, but issues that press daily lives of people suffering all over the world.  Never think that you can not make a difference because you are just one person.  Our words of encouragement to the hurting can transform lives, who go on to transform the lives of others.  Touch a life TODAY!

The other was a speaker from Hillsong Christine Caine who rose up a campaign to end human trafficking called the A21 Campaign.  It is true when she says that it is very hard to connect to the suffering of people who are in slavery all around the world when we are sitting there, like I am right now, in Starbucks.  Drinking a good cup of coffee after a workout, all the buzz of free people in activity as I go on to my next blessed life activity.  But when Christine spoke, it was very clear that she had made a connection with that very real truth....27 million people are enslaved in Human Trafficking all over the world, more than any other time in history.  And she was certainly able to connect me in that moment.

And the big question...SO WHAT?  I can tell you that I did not want to walk through the threshold of my home for fear that I would be immediately be "sanitized".  So often I wonder why I never quite feel "fulfilled" even after I have accomplished everything I had on my "To Do" list. Perhaps it is because the list only really encapsulates what i have accomplished in a very one dimensional way.  But if I were to put someone else on that list....a peace like rain falling down.  Something inside sighs and it is no longer dragging myself up for another day of todays, but as the theme for the weekend suggests, a Run To The Battle, a sudden thrill for victory in my days.  I WILL engage.

I am not sure how my life will be used in the days to come to be a world changer, but for today, I will seek for just one.  Just that precious ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment