"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, January 31, 2011

It's all about the plan

Went shopping yesterday, what a crazy place!  Got into what seemed like the quickest line, only one person in front of me almost checked out, just to find out she's. . .the slowest checker.  Anyway, I went with a plan, got some really great food and today was a much better food day.  No carbs this week, not that I really eat them anyway unless i binge, does that count?  But I haven’t worked out yet today.  WHat is the hold up?  And I am SOOO tired.  May have something to do with TOM, which is a week early unless it’s a false alarm, won’t know until tomorrow.  
We are talking new house again.  We are stuffed in here, and I am sure i could stuff us just about anywhere, but that’s a personal problem.  Build or buy, build or buy. . .so hard!  We may look into a community in Newark!  If you don’t know Newark, that will mean nothing, but that is where we lived when we 1st got here.  It will have a North Ft. Worth address. Newark is a bit wrong side of the tracks, but the community is not IN Newark, thankfully!  It will be closer to Ft. Worth and about the same distance to church.  I'll be sad not to be living "in town", as this is kind of just off the highway and not really in a town.  Listen to me, like we are going to live there!  But we might!  You never know.  Closer to Southlake, definitely a plus.  Everything is permissible at this point.
Our neighbor's wife just got out of the hospital...cancer.  It is an epidemic in this town, don't drink the water.  She had most of her insides taken out but will still need chemo.  This couple is special to us, they are Chinese and we have grown pretty attached to them.  He is retired, and this will retire her for sure.  I worry that they will not be able to get all the cancer and Peter will be alone.  Alone with his blind dog.  I think about that whenever we think of moving.  It makes me not want to move.



No comments:

Post a Comment