"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Sunday, January 30, 2011

Holy Mother of Ridiculous Weight Gain!

OK, 3 pounds in one day?  REALLY?  What did I eat.  Sodium. 2 Flour Tortillas. Unrestricted consumption of tortilla chips for lunch AND dinner!  Darn you Casa Torres, Darn you to hell!
OK, get a hold of yourself Kris, here's the PLAN.
When I am setting a goal, if the parameters are too wide, I get off track.  Some people can only reach goals with wiggle room, but I find it takes longer to get there and I am all about hard and fast.  So here is the short, quick reference of what I can put in my mouth:


5 Protein (25g ea)
Eggs/Yogurt/Protein Powder/Poultry/Beef/Fish/Lean Deli Meat/Canned Meat 
4 Carbs (25 g ea.)
Oats/Ezekiel Bread/Berries/Apple/Sweet Potato/Legumes/Winter Squash/Whole Grains/Brown Rice
Fat (goal wt. in calories total)
Peanut Butter/Cream/Oils (Non-Hydrogenated)/Nuts
2 Greens
Green veggies but may also include: Onion, Turnips, Tomato, Mushrooms, Spaghetti Squash, Scallions, Leeks, Salsa  

This weeks challenge is to eliminate Bread, so no Ezekiel Bread and no whole wheat.  Rice and oats are ok, but can eliminate them too for this week for extra challenge.

OK, there it is in Black and White, for the next now 9 weeks (10 week Challenge) this is the food challenge.  Next is nail down exercise!