"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, February 28, 2011

Alice "I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir, because I'm not myself you see"

Your TOM should NEVER precede a child's birthday.  Especially when you have decided "Oh, I think I will invite some people".  All creativity has been pushed on meno-PAUSE and this is crunch week!  We haven't bought any presents because we are re-wrapping a kitchen she got last year and we never took it out of the box.  I guess I am glad we invited people because they will bring gifts, right?  I am grateful for the age of ignorance right now.
I made the colossal mistake of spending many hours last night trying to find an EASY crafty favor to give kids, and ended up in a puddle of inadequacy.  I ALSO decided to take a look at a friends renovation pictures and thought my face would crack with envy.  Why can't I lay tile!  Why am I walking on cereal crumbs!  I deserve to be living from Architectural Digest or Coastal Living!  I really thought those designs were for like, OTHER people, not someone I actually know.  I should really stop myself, it is only Monday and I have several days to "white knuckle" until I resume my normal discontent.  I think it would help if I spent some money...or ate some chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment