"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Saturday, February 26, 2011

I gave up the Gourmet idea towards weeks end for cereal and McDonald's.  After a week of living like sardines with 2 extra teenagers, and a third towards the end of the week, I can say I am glad to only be hearing the sound of chirping birds and the fan that lulls my children to sleep.  The girls had never seen Star Wars.  I do not know how that is even humanly possible, but, we decided that a little Luke and Darth would be ok.  We have all 6!  They got through 5, they may never know how it ends, awww.  I understand that the other 2 girls (the family had to farm out 5 for the week!) were subjected to Lord of the Rings.  After hearing that I thought we had been a bit more orthodox.  Yeah, they won't be asking us to take their girls anymore.

Yesterday we had "Little School", the pre-K homeschool group we go to once a month.  There are days when I think:

We let them watch too much TV, we aren't diligent enough about showing them Jesus, we are so undisciplined, we aren't building their character. . . .

And then we have a day like yesterday.  I was worn out, PMS, looking every second of my almost 45 years, and we have a little exercise at school where the kids had an opportunity to wash each others feet like Jesus washed the disciples feet.  Samuel got his feet in the tub first.  When no one else stepped up, his usually remote sister kneels down

Then, after she was done, I had to hold Samuel back from washing everyone's feet!  Here was the project we were doing that needed "feet washing", sooooo glad I had my roots done the day before!

Then Samuel's washes his sisters feet

Very careful to get every toe


Then another


Then later that day, I was sitting at the table and Samuel was "yayaing" in my ear as he had been doing ALL DAY and I said, "Honey, mommy is very tired", like I thought that might slow him down.  Well, not exactly, but he put his hand on my arm and said "God, please heal mommy, she is tired and doesn't feel well, in Jesus name, Amen". . . . . . . . . . . I was undone.  I have heard God say to me more than once that He would fill in the gap, He would provide the increase for my children, and still I question "Will they have a servants heart?", "Will their hearts break for what breaks the heart of God?"  Yes, and amen.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment