"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Sunday, February 6, 2011

Root Veggies, 3 Headed Snowmen and Kettlebells

Ok, yesterday I did Jillian Michael's Shred It video.  No pic because you can get her at Walmart for Pete's sake and I don't feel like getting up.  It is a kettlebell workout, which, if you have never used them, they are pretty intense.  I bought one of course, 10 lbs.  For this 30 minute non-stop workout that may have been overshooting a bit, she recommends 3-8 pounds, but she doesn't SAY that on the cover.  There is a beginner's and an advanced, so I did the beginner's.  I recommend the tutorial, as it is not as easy as it looks and you could get injured pretty quickly.  You can also use a dumbell, so you may want to start there.  There was one exercise that took me from a standing to a laying position and back up again all the while holding the kettlebell over my head.  Yeah, I bombed that.  This was a good all over workout and I would recommend it on the rotation for beginners looking for a challenenge.  Anxious to see what the advanced is all about!  Recommendation B+

This weekend I made tri-tip and roasted root vegetables.  I will post in the recipe section.  It was a PERFECT meal, healthy and easy.  The guys went on and on about it.  Tri-tip is not sold commercially, but if your grocer cuts their own meat, you can ask them for it.  It reduces to about a third when you cook it.  2.5 lbs fed 4.


The snow has finally melted, but we managed to make a 3 headed, 3 handed snowman.  Samuel's idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment