"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Saturday, February 12, 2011

Taking it up a notch or 20

I know everyone is dying to know how my workouts are coming, right?  Well, this a.m. I did Fitness Fanatics.  My friend Brenda from Bootcamp, my regular venue, talked me into this once a month get bikini ready class that is 2 hrs. long.  Barring a month long burning bush, I am done with bikini's, but it would be nice to put a suit on with my kids and not have to use an under girdle.  Even still, I have to contend with spider veins.  No chin ups for that.  No matter how many cute emails I get or poems are written about aging gracefully wearing purple, there's only one image I can conjure up.  My grandmother reading at the beach in her stretched out skirted bathing suit wearing impossibly large men's reading glasses from the 70's she probably got at a yard sale, her outstretched legs looking like an interstate highway map.  I'm not knocking embracing old age...ok, I'm knockin' it.  Anyway, it's a fact, accepting it or not is really irrelevant.  
Back to class.  I was hyperventilating thinking about an exercise class that would be 2 hours long.  I envisioned 15 super fit women going cardio crazy yelling BRING IT ON! and all kinds of other ridiculous gym quips while I dragged by backside from one circuit to the next.  Well, slap my pants if I didn't end up lovin' that class.  There were women there at all stages of fitness getting after it and I found the time going by quickly.  I was STARVING by the end, but I managed not to screech into the 1st donut place.  I will probably not be able to get out of bed tomorrow, or get on the toilet, but come next month, sign me up sister!
Stats
Mood: 7, pretty consistently for the last 4 days.  All of a sudden coming up with 100 ways to make money, scouring through blogs for creative inspiration, I have been almost manic. Except with the cooking and cleaning...uh, it's such a drag!
Stress: 0, not that the outside influence isn't there, I am just not taking the bait.
Energy: 7, I feel strong today (this week).  I am in my Buffing Cycle, so this time of the month I need to be upping exercise, which is logical
Hunger: Average actual hunger, but I am always eating carbs in my mind that I am not actually ingesting.
Sleep: I have been tired this week.  But I have been staying up late too and getting woken up by my son who has been sick.  I'm actually starting to fade right now, and it's only 7:30 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment