"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maiden to Maven: Young Women of Our Culture

"I'm not a little girl anymore"... I ran across a similar title at the airport a couple of months ago and was struck by the cultural sentiment that in order to be relatable, we have to lose our innocence.  Or so it would seem.  Young starlets lives wrecked in the gullibility that a lust for life's underground will win us popularity.

These Hollywood youngsters are images, but they are also people.  Dakota Fanning went from Charlotte's Web and The Secret Life of Bees to PUSH, The Runaways (story of Joan Jett where she plays a drug addicted lead singer) and the Twighlight Series.  And she is not even among the many headliners from The Mouseketeer alma mater.  Being sold a belief that they are also selling to young women, that to be innocent is to be dull.  Why are they so anxious to be carnage?  To be used up?  Everyone loves a feel good movie too, right?  I have my own opinions about that, but I wonder, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment