"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Sunday, March 13, 2011

Untitled

This week is a PERFECT example of my struggle with perfection.  I run across 2 blog sites that gives me information about how to make your blog make money, be more successful, blahdy blahdy blah. So what do I do?  I don't post almost all week!  Little voices whisper in my ear "you don't have anything to offer", "no one wants to read the crap you write", "see, no one comments, it's because you have too much garbage in your sidebar", "your blog format is messed up and you can't even fix it",  "IT'S NOT PERFECT!"

Then I obsess "But you just invited over 100 friends to read you idiot!", "You have to provide them with menus or they won't eat!!", "They need a devotional or they won't come back!" "Sell, sell, sell!"  And ON, and ON, and ON!  I need therapy. No, I need to be using my progesterone cream. Oh yes, did I forget to mention I stopped using it? Whatever.  I'm a mess.

This week is Spring Break and my kids will be home with me ALL WEEK.  Remember the little crafty box of beans that was supposed to be this wonderland of hidden treasure.  Yeah, well, I put it up because they wouldn't stop throwing beans to the carpet and told them "You can NEVER play with this again!"  I'll show them!  What have I done?!  Am I insane?  They are dried beans!  Like I am going to notice that over the complete train wreck around the REST of the house!?  But by gosh they are not going to add to my chaos!  I JUST picked that up! Then I get on a REALLy good rant....

So, no devotional, no menu, no fitness advice, nothing crafty or witty, no nothing.  You will just have to wait until my world gets back on axis.  I know, I KNOW, the blue background is making me crazy too!  What?  You didn't even notice?  Oh....

2 comments: