"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, March 14, 2011

Week of Birthday Food Bliss

This is my birthday week and I am determined to be OK with that.  So, to commemorate this week, I will eat and then relax.  Because no one in this house cares about food the way I do, I will have to create my own celebratory meals.  I will only need three as it is RAID THE THE REFRIGERATOR at  the out-laws tonight, family is in.  And Friday is my Birthday.  If you have local relatives, you really ought to consider putting them on your weekly dinner rotation!

Here is what is on the menu from Gourmet's 10 Minute Meals or Quick Kitchen:

Roasted Chicken with Dijon Sauce
Pork Tenderloin with Arugula & Walnut Vinaigrette
Pan Seared Ribeye

And you thought you weren't going to eat! lol  I'm including a menu for the fridge and shopping list.  If you are wondering what else I might serves with these little tasties, I usually throw a bag of veggies in the microwave or on the stove top.  I can only spend time on one dish.  Then rice in the rice cooker or baked red potatoes or sweet.  I don't eat the starch anyway, but I know the family might appreciate being thought of, picky picky.  If you are wondering if my kids will eat this.  Yes and no.  My son will eat the protein, my daughter will eat the carbs and veggies, so I will have to give them a heavy snack mid day.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment