"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weigh Today, Gone Tomorrow

This is why I firmly believe in weighing EVERY DAY @#$%^&*?!

I saw it creeping up a week ago, thought, eh, I'll get to it, and EVEN AS I SAW IT MOVING, I didn't get a hold of it.  This AM I am up 5 lbs. total.  Three pounds more than what I am accustomed to taking off.  This week will be NO bread, NO fruit, NO sugar until it comes off.

This is so hard.  Yet again, nothing that I put in my mouth was worth the sacrifice I will have to make this week.  The culprit?  McDonald's, Chick Filet and Birthday AND baby shower AND eating at in-laws all in the span of 4 days.

The good news is that I am past TOM, so my level of discouragement is not as low as it would normally be.  I know people think, what's 5 lbs.?  A dress size!  5 pounds from 10!  And unchecked, a continual creeping!  I WILL NOT be that girl again.  I've worked too hard, sacrificed too much and now my health is an issue.  I have other psychosis I need to attend to, I don't have time for this too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment