"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, May 2, 2011

Too pooped to pipe up

WeeellllP!  I've had a couple of good days after a long litter of really crummy days.  I keep waking up thinking, today my toddlers will be ready for mommy to be a big girl and get her chores done.  Today my toddlers will be ready for mommy to be a big girl and be creative.  Today my toddlers will be ready for mommy to be a big girl and freakin' finish a cup of coffee!  Then I realize I am not awake.  Because if I were, a kid would be in my face saying "mommy, can I have a snack and watch a movie?"

Today my hubby played hooky, well, it was pouring and we have a roofing company, so it was kind of a forced lay off.  So we decided to take the kids to Central Market for lunch and get some real fruit.  Not the tasteless kind you get at Walmart.  I am on a new food plan and carbs are back in the picture after a looooong hiatus.  I only eat fruit until noon, I eat nuts by themselves and don't combine carbs with protein.  So for lunch I had a piece of spinach lasagna and a roll!  It was divine.  I've lost 3 pounds this week!  I wonder when the honeymoon will be over.  The other interesting thing is that I was gluten intolerant until I started this new deal.  Now I have no problem.  I'm not suffering the arthritis either!  Or the reflux.  Weird.  But I'll take it!

I attended a wedding this weekend that I seriously wish I had taken pictures of because I could never adequately express all the wonderful things that happened there.  The couple were very young in years but very old in wisdom.  Both of them had a lot poured into them by family, friends, and experiences that enriched them in their faith.  To be a party to that kind of ceremony really takes your breath away.  It was not a ritual by any means, and both parties had never kissed before their vows.  That level of maturity and sanctity (not even close to my own experience, though my courtship and wedding were redemptive) is rare, rare indeed.  It was an outdoor wedding and all stops were pulled.  Lanterns from the trees, fountain in the pool, little white lights, a long white table trailing through the trees....it was heaven.  She is American, and he is Mexican/American (the whitest Mexican I have ever met), and she surprised him by saying her vows in spanish!  He surprised HER with a mariachi band and he sang to her in spanish!  I have no idea what her said, but it came through, trust me.  She is the 1st of 4 girls.  That will be a hard act to follow!

Our day trip was supposed to also include some resale shops to look for furniture.  It appears most resale shops are closed on Mondays.  Go figure...so we dropped some cash at Old Navy instead.  Little girl was hilarious trying on hats, sunglasses and jewels.  I need to get her a dress up trunk.  Yeah, another thing to traipse through the house.  And not in that magical movie way.   Just more junk, through my house.

I am scheduled to do a 5K Mud Run in June that I am trying not to think about.  I am not trained for this thing, I mean, a 5K is one thing.  But with 18 obstacles and in the mud?  I really must be out of my mind.  More than the whole mudsling thing, I realize I could be out there for like, 3 hours.  I could get to the top of an obstacle...and not be able to get down.  I really flatter myself thinking I could get to the top of any obstacle.  At least no one will see how ridiculously white I am.  Darn skin cancer (I know cussing would be really appropriate here, but I am trying to cut back).  One day I will not care about the condition of this aging frame, but only AFTER I am convinced it is too late to ever return to my youth.  Then I can start wearing shorts again.












No comments:

Post a Comment