"Perfectionism is slow death." Hugh Prather

Do you believe that perfection will make you happy? Do you subject others to your ridiculous standards? Do you "do nothing" because it won't be perfect? This blog is in dedication to the ridiculous lengths I go to in search for perfection, and the insanity I encounter along the way.





Monday, April 25, 2011

Do you hear an echo through the cobwebs of my dull life?  Thus, no posts.  It amazes me that Twitter is so popular, because unless you are Charlie Sheen, not much really goes on.  Well, maybe if you live in civilization, which I do not.

So it got me thinking, in my manic "TOM" state, that I need a business plan.  So I called a friend to see if her boss would hear me out, and not with that glazed look on his face and then 6 months later I see my store front opening under someone else's name.  I needed to see him THAT DAY, as by next week, I will be back to my old unmotivated self.  But alas, I DO have to wait until next week and by today it is already sounding like too much work....but it really IS a good idea, at least in LA, Austin and Seattle!  We'll see...

Has it really been a month?  Have you missed me? lol

I suppose I have had a few adventures in the last month.  My children's bedroom.  The thorn in my side. FINALLY we found a bunkbed on Craig's list for $200 and it looks like this:

WOW, ok, maybe not quite like that, all perfect and everything, but pretty close!  Hmmm, that room looks nice...ok, focus Kris.  So I have been lamenting over room color.  Virtually anyone can put up color and do it right.  I really want to do Robin's Egg Blue, and I love seeing it in magazines, but every time I use cool (as opposed to warm) colors in my house it feels...sterile.  I don't want it to look like Candy Land (that brings back memories of my 1st house....shudder).  So I am really hesitant to venture out, but the walls are currently pink and brown and I don't want to show Samuel pictures of his childhood and have him cut his eyes at me.   I may do it anyway, because that it just how hard headed I am.

(Added: We painted it blue, and it is awesome!  Except of course I wanted Wesley to caulk the baseboards so it would look like "new house", yeah, that didn't happen.  And now it is really obvious the doors are not "white white"...but whose complaining :/ )

We got the beds up and then oops! They just happen to be almost under the ceiling fan and Ava has already clipped her head.  So now we can't turn the fan on, the room never seemed so hot before...argh!  We have also been experiencing "come sleep with me" cries in the middle of the night with Samuel...I am NOT crawling up there :/ I know there's a weight limit...

Wesley assembled the Pottery Barn bookshelf I have been coveting.  


I really did think you could hang it...oh well, who needs more FLOORSPACE!

My "craft/create" room is now another pile up room, sigh.  A pretty daybed surrounded by mismatched furniture (and not in the eclectic kind of way) and crayons all over the floor.  What is wrong with this family?

It seems a little early for gardening, or maybe I am just not feelin' it yet.  I just don't have the bug like I did the last 3 years.  I think I just burned myself out.  Last year everything was beautiful and blooming around this time.  This year we had a late frost followed now by crushing heat.  So everything is struggling.  I dragged myself to the garden center the other day and bought a big bag of organic plant food and threw the bag down in a bed hoping it would motivate me.  Poor gardens, "feed me, feed me" they cry out, and I just sigh and turn away.  World Hunger should be relieved I am not working for them.  OK, children vs. plants?  I'm not that cruel.  But you get the picture.

Added: It's been raining the last 3 days!

Let's see, what else.  I guess Wesley must have been on his "TOM" because a couple of months ago we decided to take on another business.  We are buying the 2 ROM (Range of Motion) machines and taking over the building lease and clients of a fitness business.  This is what ROM machines look like:


It is a cross trainer, the front is like a rowing machine and the back is like a stair stepper on steroids.  I'm not going to do an ad plug here, but it is an endurance machine.  It is a 4 minute workout on the front, and then 4 minutes on the back.  High intensity oxygen in a very short period of time.  It's especially great for runners trying to improve their time.  I will write more about this as it unfolds.  I hope we aren't crazy...

Probably the primary reason I haven't been writing, is that I have been moonlighting for another blog.  It takes up a lot of time and brain energy, and frankly, it's just more interesting!  But, I've cut my hours back a bit, so hopefully I will pick back up.  

I've been asked by my Boot Camp Instructor, Debbie, if I would like to help train one of her very large classes.  This is the opportunity I have been waiting for.  The best way to fight fat is total fitness immersion.  Of course, these women don't know I can hardly get back up from a push up!  That's the beauty of instruction! lol Sometimes Debbie will post Workout of the Day on Facebook and I am convinced she is just making it up, or she really means for the reps to be broken up over 3 days...I really don't know how people do it without a pack leader.

I completed another 5K, I know, big whoop.  But really, it keeps me going.  I just keep throwing myself into activity, saying yes, and I just end up feeling so grateful I did.  In June I am doing a 5K Mud Run.  This is the cake topper for sure.  I am SOOO not that girl.  And yet, there it is, my name on the dotted line.  I must be out of my mind for sure!  My goal is simply to finish.  Not even well, just finish without having to be dragged.

Finally, we did a Youth Leader Conference last month.  After listening to all the speakers, I realize that the word "generation" actually does MEAN something.  It's not just something older people say to younger people.  And it blows my mind.  Time is really important to this generation.  I can remember feeling like I had nothing BUT time when I was 15.  This is not the case today.  Very strange, very strange indeed.  Once again, we were befriended by the only Korean in the whole place.  Wesley and I are convinced that we have some strange connection to the Asian culture.  We continually have close relations with them and apparently that is considered somewhat of an oddity among their culture.  And yet, it feels completely natural to us. 

Off I go, when kids room is complete I will post a pic!  I did a search for re-sale places in the DFW area and plan to get some good "finds", hope it doesn't end up being more junk I don't know what to do with...








No comments:

Post a Comment